Wednesday, January 13, 2010

a world with no God

I feel as though i am a pretty emphathetic person. I may not show it, but i feel very deeply and tend to carey others peoples pain. Its not always good because most of the time the feelings cripple me and then i have no idea what to do.

Lately, i have been walking around with this ache on my heart. Everywhere i look there is people hurting. Just last night Haiti got hit with the worst earthquake in 200 years. It feels wrong me sitting at my desk, on a computer while just a few hours away, pure chaos, people are suffering.

I use to have such an issue with pain, be so angry at God for allowing it. But can you imagine a world with no hope, with no God, with no purpose? When pain happens for no reason. No redemption comes from it. People die and thats it. People hurt and thats it. How could people go on with life?

Although i still don't know how to deal with pain and suffering and it still breaks my heart, I am so thankful that there is a God who does. A God who can and will redeem the pain in our lives. Who has a purpose. A loving purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment