Monday, December 14, 2009

i am not enough

Tonight I do not feel like enough. In every aspect….my outer beauty, my abilities, my worth, with friends, my sister, a moh….my time, my work…the things i desire to do but just dont know how...my passions for the world...

I feel burdened….saddened by this…


Then I read John 6 where Jesus feeds the 5 thousand. All the little boy had to give was a few loaves of bread and some fish. Definitely not enough to feed all the people. But he gave ALL that he had.

Jesus just took what the little boy could give. And He didn’t just make it enough. He made it more.

Jesus does that with me (and you). I am not enough. But , if I am willing to give him all of me and trust Him he will do abundantly more than just make me enough. He will make me more than enough, he will work in me and not just compensate my flaws and misgivings but lead me to abundant life.

Through him i can love people i never thought i could, and honestly. I can have peace in situations i thought impossible, praise Jesus when my heart aches, and be not only just satisfied but over joyed in seasons which i thought would be lonely and full of heart ache. Through his abundances i can fail, i can be not enough.

Goodness gracious, what an amazing gift we have this Christmas....and next time satan tempts you to despair by telling you that you are not enough, tell him..."you are absolutely correct, but THANK GOD...He IS enough!"

No comments:

Post a Comment