Monday, September 28, 2009

wisdom from a rabbit

My bunny left my room today and went to play in the living room. Normally he just sits under one of the couches because they are dark and have a small space like a rabbit hole. Most of the time when i need him out I have to go get him. Well I was doing some laundry and I walked past my bedroom door and see Pan Kakes. He was wanting making his way back into the room but got scared by my movement and went to hide under a foot rest a few feet away. I ignored him and kept working.

As i went to my closet again he did the same thing. He was almost into my room, but saw me and ran back under a stool which provided little to non protection but "felt" safe to him. I watch him for a bit then said out loud, "Pankakes I am your mother and I love you! I love you more than your own mother, I will protect you"!!! I then i looked at him for a bit and went back to folding clothes. Seconds later i said, "OMG"!! Realizing the truth in what i just said. Realizing how i am that scared little rabbit.

How many times have I run from God, been scared of God, scared to come home, scared and any sudden movement and run to what may "feel" safe but is a completely false sense of safeness. My God does love me more than my mother, he will protect me and he will care for me.

Right after i finished writing this i went to go check on Pan Kakes. There he was in the bathroom. He saw me and jumped over a box and circled around my feet, wanting some attention.

"When I got tired of running from you
I stopped right there to catch my breath
There your words they caught my ears
You said, “I miss you son. Come home”
And my sins, they watched me leave
And in my heart I so believed
The love you felt for me was mine
The love I’d wished for all this time
And when the doors were closed
I heard no I told so’s
I said the words I knew you knew
Oh God, Oh God I needed you
God all this time I needed you, I needed you

And I so hate consequences
And running from you is what my best defense is
I hate these consequences
Because I know that I let you down
Now I don't wanna deal with that"
Relient K

No comments:

Post a Comment