Wednesday, March 17, 2010

my new nephew


last night i held my very first nephew for the very first time.

i looked at him. so precious. so tiny. so pure. so beautiful. he didnt have to do anything and yet i couldn't wipe the smile from my face. he was just being a baby, wiggaling around and making some noise. i knew i loved him but i barely even knew him at all. i could wait for him to grow up, knowing i would grow to love him more and more. but also wishing that i could freeze time, and stay in this beautiful moment.

i prayed for him as i held him and was interrupted by a quiet whisper, "beloved, that is how i look at you. i see you as an innocent, pure, beautiful child. all you have to do is, be you, the one i created and you make me smile. i know the depth of who you are and i love you. i created you in your mothers womb just as i created jonathan. "

babies are an amazing gift. a gift created by the love of two people. i am so thrilled that he is my nephew. and so thankful that heather and benjamin have this gift.


1 comment:

  1. wow, what a GREAT metaphore! Babies are such a gift from God huh? I cant wait to meet him! I am glad u got to bond with him!! SO awesome. And ayya for B and H who have been given this blessing! the baby we have been praying for, for over a year!!!

    -Amanda

    ReplyDelete